Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 7 of the Sparkle-thon! Nubar Sky Sparkle

Well, everyone, turns out that I've found the most annoying in the bunch. Today, we have Sky Sparkle. It's a gorgeous color, but was a pain to apply because it was so much less dense than the others. I had to do 4 coats and with all of that clear base mixed in, it made for very thick and uneven nails. I didn't even leave it on very long because it seemed like that many coats would never dry. Next time, I will be trying it over a matching base color instead of trying to build up the opacity in glitter alone.


 You can see the funky shape of my middle nail from too many coats of polish.

Do any of you have this color and have the same problem? Thanks for reading!
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I don't have this color-but it sure is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty. I give you props for doing all of these glitters, I'd be way too annoyed to take it all off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Fingers, thanks. just a pain in the butt :/

    @Emily, I use one of the scrubby acetone tubs from Target to take off all of my glitters. Super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty color! too bad its such a pain! i should try my finger paints glitters to see how dense they are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Heidi, yes you should! I didn't have to do that many coats with my couple of FP glitters so yours may be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it's absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sandra, thanks! I need to find a good color to go under it so I don't have it so thick

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an AMAZING color. I don't have anything from this brand, I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Krissy, thanks, I love it, too. This was the only one out of the 8 pack that I had an issue with.

    @imfeelingnail-venturous, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow SUCH a cool color! But 4 coats?! Woah, that's a lot! It was worth it though! :)

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete