Monday, October 13, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Floral, Day 1: Water Lily Nail Art!

Good evening, readers! It's another nail art week with The Digit-al Dozen and the theme is Floral! Ahhhhhh! If you know me, you realize I hardly ever do floral nail art. I'm not good at it, I can probably count on 2 hands how many floral manis I've ever done. However, I did make a vow to practice more often than I have been. Let's see how the week goes.

My first floral design is water lilies! After seeing Sveta Sanders post THIS awesome tutorial for needle marble swirls a few days ago, I've been itching to try it. After I was semi-successful, my friends told me that my version looked like water so I was able to tie it in with Floral Week by adding some lilies!

The three colors I used for the swirling were all Elevation Polishes! Ceram Sea, Thracian Sea, and Pic du Gar. They all have a squishy, yet very opaque, formula so they worked really well for swirling. Once the swirls were dry, I added some simple lily pads and water lilies. 


What do you think? Will you be trying the tutorial I linked above? Thanks so much for reading, come back tomorrow to see the next floral week mani!






Pin It!

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've never thought to dry marbling in this fashion, but I definitely will now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I tried the marbling and failed, but I will try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I've never tried that marbling technique; I should soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is incredibly gorgeous!! I love the combo of the needle swirl and the lilies - looks like it could be a Monet painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squeee!! I am so incredibly in love with these!! Love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!!! Never heard of the technique before but it goes perfectly with the lilies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! YES!! I love this!! I dabbled around with this technique last night, and after a few tries I got it to look pretty good!! I adore it with the flowers on top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! Such a fun touch to a water marble!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GAH. FREAKING SERIOUSLY. I can't even deal with how perfect this is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT! Yes, I am yelling in your comments, because THIS IS SO AMAZING! The spiral is fabulous and the water lily details are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius! Using water marble technique for water background is just amazingly genius!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If that is semi-successful, I want to see how full success looks like. It just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodie goodness! Little ponds on your nails! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adding the flowers over the marble was pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love this! I LOVE the idea of using the marbled background for water!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The marbled background is GENIUS! I really wish I could take a slice of your creativity gene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shut the front door! These are so fabulous! Dang girl! I love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You kill me, you really do. Watching this mani morph into the final design was also amazing. It started out stunning and just kept getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I truly could not love this more - turning that base into a waterlily pond was genius. And you and matte top coat? I die xx

    ReplyDelete