Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Candy Cane Nail Art!

Good morning, readers! Merry Christmas Eve! Today, I have some simple holiday nail art for you that I created by following another tutorial in Idiot's Guides: Nail Art that I reviewed yesterday! If you missed that post, check it out HERE! There were a handful of Christmas tutorials but this one was calling out to me the most ever since I opened the book.


  •  I followed Emily's tutorial in the book by starting with a base of OPI Alpine Snow.
  • Once it was completely dry (I used a quick drying top coat to speed it up), I used striping tape and placed them onto the nails.
  • I alternated with OPI Over & Over A-Gwen and China Glaze Starboard for the red and green stripes.
  • Before the polishes dried, I used tweezers to carefully peel back up the strips.
  • I used Seche Vite on top of the stripes and then decided to add some sparkle with China Glaze Fairy Dust. 
  • KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal everything in.


What do you think? I think they turned out cute and was happy with them. I had a hard time cleaning up the red around the cuticles, though, so that took a while. Thanks so much for reading!

Merry Christmas to all of you that celebrate! I will probably take a few days off from posting.

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun look! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Christmas manicure them!
    Merry Christmas!
    Judy kisses
    http://judymuhely.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The added shimmer in the polishes makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! Your lines are so clean & I love the glitter on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the incorporation of the green and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this slight twist on a classic christmas mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you used both red and green for the stripes :)

    ReplyDelete