Good afternoon, readers! In case you haven't heard, KBShimmer is releasing 3 Summer Collections on May 15th. I will have some of each collection to show you closer to the release day-- but in the meantime, I will show some nail art I've created using my samples. If you follow me on Instagram, you already saw a sneak peek of this mani last week using 2 of the new colors. Keep reading below for the full info on how I did it!
Don't these 2 bottles look gorgeous together?
KBShimmer Bahama Drama & Take the Punny and Run
- I started out with three coats of Bahama Drama and sealed it with KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick drying top coat.
- After a while to make sure the polish was completely dry, I painted Liquid Palisade around the nails to help with cleanup later on.
- I then applied the Chevrons With Guides vinyl nail decals to each nail and pressed firmly.
- Next, I painted a few swipes onto a triangular makeup sponge with KBShimmer Take the Punny and Run and then sponged it all over the nail.
- I had to repeat this quite a few times to completely cover all of the base color.
- Once I was happy with the coverage, I used tweezers to peel up the guides and Liquid Palisade.
- I had very minimal cleanup due to the LP!
- I added two coats of KBShimmer Clearly On Top to smooth everything out.
The color shift from Take the Punny and Run is crazy gorgeous! The above photos were taken in my light box, and there is a bonus shot below from my iPhone in the shade. Multi chrome polishes tend to show a better shift out of direct light.
What do you think? KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collections will be available on May 15th at their website: www.kbshimmer.com. For sales outside the U.S., visit www.harlowandco.org. Thanks so much for reading!
*The polishes in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.