Since I am obsessed with "skittlette" nails lately, I thought it would be fun to do a skittlette mani with 2 accent nails that I water marbled. It's a win-win! You only have to deal with clean up on 2 nails per hand and I feel like it makes the water marble nails stand out more.
When I grabbed these 2 of the Essie Summer 2013 collection, I knew they would look fab in a mani together. I'm glad I've finally gotten around to using them! They water marbled beautifully!
For the water marbled nails:
- I did one coat of China Glaze White on White.
- I painted Elmer's school glue around my nails and on my finger tips and let dry.
- I water marbled China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around, Essie The Girls Are Out, and Essie Naughty Nautical using my Flowery Water Marble tutorial technique.
- I went back in with 2 dotting tools and Milani Silver Stilettos to add some silver dot accents.
- One coat of HK Girl Top Coat to seal it in.
- Once completely dry, I ran my hands under warm water in the sink to loosen the glue+polish layer on my skin and gently scraped it off with an orange stick!
- I went in and got any remaining polish off the cuticles with acetone and a cleanup brush.
For the other nails:
- 2 coats of either Essie Naughty Nautical or The Girls Are Out.
- Milani Silver Stilettos and the big dotting tool to add one dot on each nail.
- HK Girl Top Coat to seal them in!
I love that the shimmer shows so much on the water marbled nails!
This is such an amazing color!
What do you think of my skittlette water marble mani? I can't tell you how much I loved it! So fun and took so much less time than a full water marbled mani. Thanks for reading!
Don't forget to head over and see what Danielle did today for her Water Marble Wednesday post!