Today's post is my very favorite look for this week, so why not start out with a bang? You may have seen my preview on Instagram last week! Once I saw that Sally Hansen was releasing new Sugar Coats with shimmer, I ran right out to get them. Truth be told, shimmer/glitter textures are my favorite so I don't own the previous creme versions of the Sugar Coats.
I used 4 untrieds in this post so I am one happy girl. I've been really trying lately to use polishes I haven't before and nail art makes that so easy!
- I started out with 2 coats of the gorgeous dusty lilac creme, Elevation Polish Tavan Bogd.
- Once that was thoroughly dry with a coat of Seche, I cut 60 pieces of striping tape... yes, 60! 6 for each finger. But it was SO worth it.
- I applied the tape criss crossed on the nail in almost of a quilt pattern.
- Next, I painted thick stripes of all three new Sally Hansen Sugar Coats (Pink Sparkle, Treat-Heart, and Royal Icing) on a makeup sponge.
- I then dabbed the sponge down over the entire nail and repeated the process with more polish on the sponge until it reached the opacity I was happy with.
- Then, with tweezers, I carefully peeled off each strip of striping tape in the direction of the tape to keep the lines clean and reveal the design.
I wore this mani for a few days and only took it off for my festive 4th of July nails. I loved it so much!
What do you think of this look? I can't get over how much I liked it. Gradient, tape, texture, and the awesome contrast with the shiny base color make for an awesome combination. Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for Day 2 of Tape Week!