Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fancy Half Moon Mani!

Good morning, readers! Today's post is a quick one showing a mani I wore a few weeks ago but didn't have a chance to make it to the blog yet. I just love Rebecca from Rebecca Likes Nails so when I heard the news that she had been able to make her own collaboration shade with Picture Polish, I was so excited! And, the color is so pretty I just HAD to buy it as soon as it went on sale. I ordered from OverallBeauty.com and threw in a Picture Polish Jade while I was looking through the Picture Polish section. It's been on my radar for a while and I am really glad I ordered it when I ordered Siren Song because I loved how they looked together!



I was inspired by this mani by @majikbeenz on instagram to do this type of half moon mani design as a way to wear both of my new Picture Polish shades together. Instead of the typical way to do a half moon mani, I chose to do Siren Song on my entire nail and top it with HKGirl top coat. Once that was dry, I used a french manicure tip guide to mark off the moon shape and painted Jade on the side of the tape toward the cuticle. Once I peeled up the tip guide, I added some dots with different sized dotting tools.

Super easy, and I really loved it!


What do you think? Congrats, Rebecca! Siren Song is gorgeous! 

Thanks for reading!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I'll have to get both Siren Song and Jade, these polishes are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. The colors look great together. And for some reason your little half moons make me think of jellyfish.

    ReplyDelete