Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday: Pilgrim Hat Nail Art!

Hello, readers! It's almost Thanksgiving, so I decided to do another tutorial in case you are still looking for ideas of Turkey Day nails! Last year, I did the Turkey Nail Art Tutorial, and this year I'm adding to it with a simple Pilgrim hat!
First, let's take a closer look at this full mani! I used my own Turkey tutorial for the middle finger, and I've done a female Pilgrim hat on my index, the male Pilgrim hat on my ring finger, and a simple Native American headpiece on my pinky.

I also did a simple gold gradient tip with OPI Goldeneye, but most of it was covered by the nail art.

I've recently changed my lightbox to have a black background and after changing some camera settings, I think I love my pictures more now. They are brighter and more vibrant and not as washed out. What do you think?



Here is a collage of this tutorial, you will find step by step pictures and instructions further down in this post:

Are you ready?

Things needed for this tutorial:
Polishes used: Zoya Myrta, OPI Black Onyx, OPI YDKJ Suede, China Glaze Passion.

Only tool used: A striper brush.



Step 1)  Paint 2 coats of Zoya Myrta on your entire nail and let dry.



Step 2) Using OPI Black Onyx and your striper brush, paint a triangle about 2/3 the way up the nail, but flatten the top.



Step 3) Using OPI Black Onyx and your striper brush, paint the two sides of the hat rim. This is similar to doing french tips. Let dry.



Step 4) Use OPI You Don't Know Jacques Suede and your striper brush to do a band stripe on the hat. 



Step 5) Using your striper and China Glaze Passion, paint a simple square outline in the middle of the band.

Don't forget to add a thick, quick drying top coat to protect and seal in your design! I prefer Seche Vite, H K Girl Top Coat, or Poshe.  Put a thick bead of top coat on the brush and gently spread it toward the tips and sides, taking great care to not let the bristles touch the polish underneath. Thinner top coats can cause streaking or bleeding of the colors and the bristles drag lines through the design. YOU'RE DONE!



What do you think of this Pilgrim Hat nail art tutorial? Will you be trying it? If you try this, or any of my other tutorials, please share your pic on my Facebook page or tag me on instagram (@adventuresinacetone)! I'd love to see them! Thanks for reading! Happy Thanksgiving!



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just ran across your blog via Bing. Your article is truly pertinent to my life at this moment, and I’m really happy I discovered your website.
    jeu amour

    ReplyDelete