Do you remember dipping your hardboiled Easter eggs into colored dye when you were younger? How about dipping one half in one color, flipping it over and dipping the other half in a different color? I was inspired by that fun childhood memory and tried to recreate it on my nails using some of the new OPI Sheer Tints (and some added sparkle!).
- First, I painted two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. It's a white cream, a great base for the Sheer Tints, and it was my "egg" base.
- Once it was completely dry, I grabbed a makeup sponge and did a gradient with OPI Don't Violet Me Down and OPI I Can Teal You Like Me.
- I had to sponge many times to get it opaque enough but it was worth it. I even used the OPI Glitter Off on my skin around the nails for easier gradient cleanup!
- Once I was happy with the gradient, I added one coat of OPI Desperately Seeking Sequins from the Spotlight On Glitter Collection.
- Seche Vite was used as top coat.
What do you think of this look? I wore it for the weekend and really loved it! I'm having a fun time coming up with new ideas for wearing the Sheer Tints! Thanks so much for reading!
*The polishes in this post were previous press samples.
Sheer Tints features OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. Sheer Tints will be available March 2014, at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.
Spotlight on Glitter by OPI nail lacquers feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. These six glitter shades and Glitter Off will be available March 2014 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.comfor $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.
For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!
As the world leader in the professional nail care industry, OPI is committed to providing high-quality products and services to both salons and their customers, along with a focus on industry safety and innovation. Known for its exceptional formula, fashionable colors and iconic names, OPI’s heavily-pigmented lacquers are super rich, long-lasting and chip-resistant – offering an affordable luxury to consumers. OPI nail lacquer is available in over 200 shades. Each lacquer features OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. Currently, OPI is available in over 100 countries and retails a full line of professional items, including nail treatments, finishing products, lotions, manicure/pedicure products, files, tools, gels and acrylics.