Here is how I did it:
- I started with three coats of OPI Rumple's Wiggin' and let dry completely.
- Then, I opened up my nail foil kit (I found it at Sally Beauty) and put a blob of foil glue on my placemat. I then used a small dotting tool to make some leopard print "C" shapes and small dots.
- Once the glue dried to clear and was tacky, I took a piece of blue foil and dabbed it all over the nails until the glue parts were covered with blue.
- I decided to use a second color for the inside of the leopard spots. So I used the same dotting tool and a new blob of nail foil glue and added dots in the center of the "C" blue shapes.
- Once that glue was dry, I used a piece of purple nail foil and dabbed it on the nails until the glue was completely covered in purple.
I'd heard that regular top coat will wrinkle the foil and was too nervous to mess this up so I grabbed my Sally Hansen InstaGel top coat that came with the Gel Nail Strips I reviewed. I did one gentle coat and cured each nail under the LED light that came in the set. I was really happy to see that it didn't ruin the foil! Unfortunately, the top coat failed and couldn't stay adhered to the regular polish underneath. After doing some dishes a few hours later, I had many wrinkled and worn off tips and even chips of just the top coat layer coming off. Anyone know of a better solution for top coating foils?!
I loved these so much while I wore them and wish they had lasted longer. The foil was SO crazy looking against the pale creme base and my photos don't do them justice.
Thanks so much for reading!