Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Elixir Lacquers Lov-a-Bully Polishes!

Good morning, readers! I have another post of Elixir Lacquers for you, today! This time I have 4 of the Lov-a-Bully Collection. There are 7 in total, and you can see the rest of the swatches on Nicole's Blog HERE. This collection is so special because it was inspired by Bully breed dogs and 10% of each bottle sold is donated to Atlanta Bully Rescue-- "an organization that works tirelessly to reduce the number of unwanted bully breeds in Atlanta and surrounding areas by finding them their forever homes!" Gorgeous polish for a great cause!

Smokey Coat, Brindle, Happy Tears, and Forever Home.

I decided to do a little nail art for these swatches so I did the little doggy from the Atlanta Bully Rescue logo:

First up is Smokey Coat. "Smokey Coat is a deep charcoal grey with a dusting of holographic particles. It was inspired by Sadie, who was able to find her forever home, thanks to the Atlanta Bully Rescue!" I'm showing two coats with top coat. It went on very easily and was a little gritty so I needed two coats of top coat. The holographic sparkles are a pretty addition! The holo is showing as silver shimmer in my photos but in the sun it comes out to play a bit! 





Next, we have Brindle. "Brindle is a clear coat packed with brown micro and orange holographic micro glitters, along with black hexes. It was inspired by Lucy, who was able to find her forever home, thanks to the Atlanta Bully Rescue!" I'm showing one coat over Smokey Coat below with top coat. I love this polish! The holo orange glitter is so unique and you can even see it in my lightbox photos(which is saying something!). It applied easily and I didn't have to move the big hexes around too much. 



One coat! And look at those rainbows!


Happy Tears is next! "Happy Tears is a slightly shimmery royal blue jelly packed with mini blue squares and white hexes. It was inspired by the beautiful eyes of sweet little Kieran, who found his forever home thanks to the Atlanta Bully Rescue!" Nicole showed this over a blue base color but I wanted to see if it could be worn on it's own so I tried three coats. Next time, base color haha! It's gorgeous, the shimmer is amazing! I didn't have trouble getting the white hexes out, either! Just had to push them around a bit if too many came out on the brush. Showing three coats with top coat. 


Shimmery goodness!


Lastly, we have Forever Home. "Forever Home is a clear coat filled with red hearts, mini blue squares, and black & white hexes. It was inspired by the amazing and selfless Atlanta Bully Rescue." I think this is my favorite of the 4! I did have to tip it upside down for a bit before use to get the heavier red hearts closer to the top. I had to fish around in the bottle for them, but I have a mini bottle and I find that is common with bigger glitter because the brush doesn't reach as far down in those little bottles. I'm showing one coat over BB Couture Dance with top coat. 



So what do you think of these polishes? Which is your favorite? I love them and especially love the theme and cause behind this collection! 

Elixir Lacquers are $10 each (15ml bottle) 

You can order them HERE: http://www.elixirlacquers.com/main.sc


Don't forget to "Like" Elixir Lacquers on Facebook for updates: https://www.facebook.com/ElixirLacquers?fref=ts

Thanks for reading!

*These products were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.



Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I want to give that puppy a kiss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cause. I like Smokey Coat and Brindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty! I absolutely love happy tears!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you paint the little doggy freehand? It is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these polishes! one cause that is closest to my heart. forever home is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just adorable! I love your Lov-a-Bully nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey!
    Wow but beautiful nails are!
    I like them!
    http://potyszepsegblog.blogspot.hu/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4261243
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hello-Kitti-Sz% C3% A9ps% C3% A9gblog/139008472914220? hl = ref

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forever Home is my definite favorite!

    ReplyDelete