Monday, December 9, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Red, Gold And Green. Day 1: Half Moon Wreaths!

Good morning, readers! It's time for this month's Digit-al Dozen nail art week! The theme is Red, Gold, and Green. As you can imagine, that means I'm planning mostly Christmas themed nail art for you. So far, today's mani is my favorite of the week. I was inspired by this half moon mani wreath post that Sarah from Chalkboard Nails did 2 years ago. I still can't believe it took me this long to recreate it my own way!


This is how I did it:
  • I first started out with 2 coats of OPI In My Santa Suit, a gorgeous glowy red.
  • Then, with my detail brush and Zoya Veruschka, I did a rough half moon wreath shape.
  • I topped it with George No 17 Starry Eyed for some fine gold glitter.
  • Next, I did a thick coat of top coat and stuck down my Born Pretty Store gold bows. They are bendable so I curved them a bit to fit the nail surface.
  • I then did another coat of top coat to seal the bows in and let dry.
  • Finally, for some added texture, I went back over just the wreath with my detail brush and Zoya Pixie Dust Chita.


I loved this  mani so much that I wore it from Thursday until Sunday night! That is huge for me! What do you think? Don't forget to come back tomorrow to see the next Digit-al Dozen mani!

*OPI In My Santa Suit was provided for previous review.


Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. UH. AMAZING! I love the texture of that wreath - it looks so life like! Great imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so beautiful! Perfect polish selections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving everything about this; those bows just take it to a whole other level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea! You did it wonderfully; adding in Chita for texture was a masterstroke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that is so Christmassy and the design just pops out at you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these so much! The use of the different textures is so brilliant and just looks phenomenal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! I so want to try them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that pixie dust, it just seams Christmas to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cute! and I love the idea with the pixie dust on top. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, there's my new absolute favourite Christmas mani ever done :D amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving that you used the textured polish for the wreath - it gives it dimension and something different! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything about this design is fantastic! Of course the wreath is perfect and actually looks fluffy and the subtle gold glitter is brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somehow I didn't get quite "get" this manicure for a really long time (before reading the post, obvs) BUT OMG I get it now and it's SO GREAT! I love the texture details!

    ReplyDelete