For the triangle nails, I was inspired by Manicurity's design HERE. My triangles are bigger but the same kind of geometric idea. Here is how I got the look:
- Paint three coats of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise.
- One coat of HK Girl top coat to dry it.
- Layer striping tape across the nail.
- Paint a thicker coat of China Glaze Grape Pop over the entire nail.
- Sprinkle a ton of embossing powder over the wet polish.
- Gently pat and press the powder down all over the nail.
- While the polish is still wet, gently peel the striping tape off in reverse order of how you applied it.
- Let dry!
- Gently use a soft brush to brush off the excess from the nail and skin surfaces.
I applied it just as I did flocking powder in this tutorial.
I did my other nails in China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and Grape Pop with a layer of Lynnderella Love Potion No.99.
What do you think of this look? I liked trying it but can see myself reaching for textured polishes from now on instead of the embossing powder. At least those won't lose color. Thanks for reading!