Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Fandom, Day 2: Harry Potter!

Good evening, readers! As promised earlier, I have Day 2 of Fandom Week with The Digit-al Dozen. YAY for getting caught up to the rest of the girls. I am a big Harry Potter Fan. I loved the books and I've seen the movies more times than I can count. One of my favorite characters in the series was Dobby, the house elf. Hopefully this is not a spoiler, but at the end of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry helps set Dobby free from the Malfoy family. That's what I'm portraying in this mani.

For the base polish, I've grabbed my go-to brand for Harry Potter polishes: Paint Box Polish. This is three coats of Little Bit Different, inspired by Luna Lovegood. This sparky, color shifting polish was a great fit for Dobby! I painted Dobby and the words with acrylic paint. After KBShimmer Clearly On Top, I added a coat of Wet n Wild Matte Top Coat. 



What do you think of Dobby? Are you a Harry Potter fan? Thank you so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for Day 3 of Fandom Week with The Digit-al Dozen!

Unfortunately, this polish was an LE is no longer available by Paint Box Polish. Take a peek at her other Harry Potter inspired polishes (as well as her Dragons Are A Girl's Best Friend Collection) at the shop link below. 

Paint Box Polish Links

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Dobby is one of my favorites and tell myself "Pammy is free!" every night when I leave the office. Your nail art is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love this Dobby portrait - it's so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies so thanks for explaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dobby!!! Best ever!! I bawled my eyes out when Dobby died! And still do every time I re-read the book or watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! I really love your Dobby portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I love Dobby and Chamber of secrets was my favorite! Amazing mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Dobby is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. His eyes are so cute. I love Dobby! He's so good.

    ReplyDelete