Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Fandom, Day 3: House of Cards

Good evening, readers! I have the third mani for Fandom Week with The Digit-al Dozen to share with you tonight. I've done a lot of nail art in the past inspired by favorite books, movies, tv shows, etc, so this week is a bit harder than I expected it to be. I'm trying to branch out into things for inspiration I haven't already done before. One of the newest shows (in the past few months) that the hubby and I have binge watched on Netflix is House of Cards. This is a political drama and I am still wondering why it was able to draw me in and want to watch as many episodes in a sitting as we could. I'm more of a fantasy genre fan--give me some vampires, super heroes, witches, etc, and I will most likely love the show. I guess it just has something special about it. Today, I've recreated the logo of the show title on my nails.


I started with a base color of OPI Who Are You Calling Bossy?!? and sponged on OPI Dark Side of the Mood and OPI Embrace the Grey to add a little more depth instead of a solid color base. Acrylic paint was used to paint the logo and title. I used KBShimmer Clearly On Top to seal it in.


What do you think? Are you a House of Cards fan? I love that they release the entire season at once on Netflix, but then we have to wait a year before the next season arrives. Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for Day 4 of Fandom Week!

What did the other ladies do for Day 3? Check them out below.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. It's perfect. Like so so so perfect! I binged that whole show too and I'm like you. I need some fantasy built in to my shows. But House of Cards has corruption which is also pretty darn intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved season one but never managed to get around to watching season two, now three is here and I still have the DVD of the original to get through. Not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete