I love the randomness of a spray marble. Each nail's design is unique, especially when you do multiple layers of marble! Here's how I did it:
- I started out with three thin coats of Darling Diva Caffeine Junkie.
- Then, I filled my shot glass with tap water, dropped a few drops of OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby onto the surface of the water, and sprayed my rubbing alcohol on top. (I bought an empty spray bottle in the travel section at the store and put rubbing alcohol in it.)
- I sprayed a few times until I liked the design on the water.
- Then, I dunked my nail where I wanted it and used a toothpick to remove the excess polish from the water surface before I pulled my finger out of the water. I was able to dunk 2 nails at a time sometimes as well.
- I then repeated the same steps above using Elevation Polish The Med 2 for another layer of marbled color.
- I topped this with 2 coats of HKGirl Top Coat to smooth out the marble layers.
- I recommend tape, vaseline, Liquid Palisade, or something to protect the skin around your nails or you will have a ton of cleanup.
Look at the flakie goodness in the macro below!
What do you think of this look? I love mixing color combos and polish finishes to create new spray marble designs. Thanks so much to Ashley from Ashley Is PolishAddicted and Carrie from Darling Diva Polish for my prize!
*This post contains an affiliate link. That means that if you click through and make a purchase, I will receive compensation.