Friday, November 14, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Thankfulness, Day 5: Books!

Good afternoon, readers! It's the final day of Thankfulness with The Digit-al Dozen! Have you enjoyed this week? I love how different the theme has stretched among the group of us and I've had fun trying to decide what I could incorporate from my life into nail art. Today's nail art is my favorite manicure in a while and I am so excited to wear it all weekend. Today, I am thankful for books. Whether it's the children's books filled with pictures and rhymes that I read with my children daily, or the (mostly) Urban Fantasy books I read for myself as often as I can.

I've done a sparkling, colorful base with the words "live, laugh, love" stamped across them.  Not all the books we read have colorful pages, but those that don't can take us on a journey out of our everyday life and that is what's so magical about books. I am so glad that both of my children, as well as Mr. Adventures In Acetone, love books as much as I do.

 For this look:

  • I started out with a white base and let it dry completely.
  • Then, I tore 5 little bits off of a makeup sponge.
  • I used one sponge piece for each of the following Elevation Polish shades: El Cap II, The Med 2, Kilauea, Sunset Among the Palms, and Avenue of the Baobabs. I sponged one color at a time on a random part of each nail, overlapping slightly with the other colors. I went back a second time if I needed to fill in more white, or if the original sponging wasn't bold enough for me.
  • After I was happy with the sponged base, I used one coat of Elevation Polish Pitaraq to add some gorgeous sparkle.
  • I waited for that to dry, and then I stamped my Live Laugh Love image with Sinful Colors Black on Black and Bundle Monster BM-405. 
  • KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal it all in.


What do you think? I am so stoked at the final outcome of this mani and will be so sad if I can't get it to last the entire weekend. Are you a book lover? Tell me some of your favorite series! I'm currently catching up in The Hollows books by Kim Harrison. Thanks so much for reading!



--
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and happy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap, the base for this art is stunning! Oh my gosh, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This is just beautiful, really gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color sponging on this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this nail art! :-) Nice color combo! This is one of my favorite images. Funny top coat name. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say that's an amazing distressed base and you described it as sparkling and colourful so just disregard that....one way or the other, love the base and the thought behind it. I'm a reader myself; The Outlander Series and Clan of the Cave Bear are a couple of my favourite series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love books. Love the while mani. SUPER LOVE the base. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly beautiful! I love everything about this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really love how this turned out, and how so many of us used this stamp in different ways! xx

    ReplyDelete