Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Elevation Polish Mill City Ruins + Nail Art!

Purchased
By Me

Good morning, readers! After the crazy week last week with The Digit-al Dozen, I'm wearing a simple mani today using the new Elevation Polish Mill City Ruins. It's the first thermal polish by Elevation and it's stunning with and without the thermal change! A gorgeous dusty olive green with gold flake and shimmer, I chose to pair it with a gold arrowhead geometric design. 


  •  I started out with three thin coats of Elevation Polish Mill City Ruins. You can probably get away with 2 coats but I was painting thinner coats so I went with three. 
  • Once it was dry, I used a striper brush and China Glaze Passion to create this arrowhead design. (I saw nail vinyls from Vinyl Boutique in this pattern but couldn't buy them at the time so I wanted to try to paint the lines.)
  • KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used as my top coat.


What do you think of this new polish by Elevation Polish? It changes from the darker olive while cold to a lighter green while hot. I think my photos above are of the colder color, we can compare it to this transition photo I just took with my iPhone while typing this below. (The photo below is how it looks on me unless I am washing my hands to change it colors since my nail beds are warmer than the air under the free edge.)

Mill City Ruins is currently sold out on the Elevation Polish site below, but will be restocked on the 22nd at 9am CST. I really love it and hope that Lulu keeps dabbling in the thermal formulas. Thanks so much for reading!

Elevation Polish Links:
Instagram: @elevationpolish 


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous color and it looks great on you! Love the added nail art too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice presentation of nail art. And it's true that our nails play a key role to enhance our personality whether we drape a traditional dress or western.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adore this look, and the polish is amazing. I've definitely got to get some of this SOON! Thanks for sharing and inspiring us all with your designs and reviews :)

    ReplyDelete