Monday, February 9, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Patterns On Patterns, Day 1: Beehive Nails

Good evening, readers! It's the start of a new nail art week with The Digit-al Dozen. This month's theme is Patterns On Patterns and it's certainly a challenging concept. I'm starting out the week with a subtle stamped honeycomb pattern topped with simple bees arranged like polka dots. I've used one of the new OPI Hawaii Collection polishes as my base because they all arrived on my doorstep this morning and I couldn't wait to try them out!


  •  I started with a base of OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked?
  • Then, I stamped with China Glaze Passion using the honeycomb image on the Bundle Monster BM:422 stamp plate.
  • Once that was dry, I used a nail art brush and freehanded some simple bees using OPI Good Grief!, Black Onyx, and My Boyfriend Scales Walls.
  • After a coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top, I added one coat of Zoya Matte Velvet Top Coat.


What do you think? Thanks so much for reading and come back tomorrow for another Patterns on Patterns creation!




Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. I think everyone is going to be buzzing about these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they're two different patterns but they work SO well together! Very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome!! Very creative spin on the theme! (And I love the name Is Mai Tai Crooked? Hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are those little bees!? I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEK! So cute...and your free-hand is always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is SO cool! I love it! the little bees are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bees are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the base colour, and your little army of bees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant! I love the color you used for the honeycomb and your bees are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No one does whimsical quite like Jacki! You have your own unique style and you positively NAIL IT every single time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great patterns! They look so perfect together and look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so creative. I love them! You never fail to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this so much! These little bees are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty color scheme! I love your creative take on patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The one time I am going to think bees are cute! These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete