Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Farewell, Parks and Rec!

Good morning, readers! I'm a day behind but I wanted to join in with The Lacquerologist and some others and bid farewell to Parks and Recreation. The big series finale was last night and I can't wait to watch it tonight with Mr. Adventures In Acetone. It's always sad to see a favorite show come to a close, but I am still anxious to watch the final episode. I'll be happy for closure and I hope they wrap up everyone's story lines.

I decided to take one of my favorite moments from the show and translate it onto my nails! Season 4, episode 8 is called The Smallest Park. It's the place where Ben and Leslie, ignoring how it will jeopardize their careers, decide to just be together. The scene starts with them agreeing it would be best to go their separate ways--but at the last minute they say screw it and kiss in the park. Such an emotional roller coaster for me as a viewer because I thought for sure they would be done for good. So, YAY!


I've done a simple version of The Smallest Park on my mani, complete with the lamp post they meet under! Completely silly, but perfect for the show! I just LOVE Ben and Leslie together.


Of course, the nail polish on my skin for the lamp post is already peeling off, but I figured it would be fun to add that in. I used a zillion different creme polishes by OPI and Zoya in this mani so I'm not going to bother listing them. Feel free to ask me what a specific item in the mani was painted with and I'll let you know which polish I used. 

Are you a Parks and Recreation fan? Have you watched the finale? Was it amazing? Heart wrenching? No spoilers!! AHH I can't wait until the hubby gets home tonight so we can watch it together. Thanks so much for reading! Leave me you tv show recommendations below now that one of our favs is over!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I've never seen this show but you did an amazing job, as always! Love it! And you already know all of my TV recommendations. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a bit of it once a long time ago and I didn't get it so I never tried watching it again. Your mani is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing...I am just blown away by it!

    "Or we could just saw screw it, and do this thing for real?!" Ahhhh my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute! I love how you let the lamppost go onto your finger, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God I'm sooo behind on my blog reader so I JUST got to this , but I wish I had seen it sooner! Parks and rec is one of my favorite shows and the finale was just..everything! This is such a cute mani idea and the detail is amazing. That park represents so much to leslie and ben. Love it!

    ReplyDelete