Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Layered Cheetah Print with China Glaze Electric Nights!

Good morning readers! If you follow me on Facebook, you saw that I recently had a bad bend on my index nail so I've just had to cut my nails down to super shorties. I was trying to figure out a good manicure to do and decided on a crazy layered cheetah print to distract from the length. I used all of the China Glaze Electric Nights Collection crellies for this manicure, plus black and white cremes. These were loosely inspired by a pair of sunglasses my 2 year old is currently obsessed with wearing EVERYWHERE. Let's take a look:

Here's how I did it:
  • I started out with a base of OPI Alpine Snow.
  • Then, I took my smallest dotting tool and drew the cheetah print using the China Glaze Electric Nights Collection crellies: Glow With the Flow, Red-y to Rave, Home Sweet House Music, Daisy Know My Name?, Treble Maker, UV Meant to Be, DJ Blue My Mind, Plur-Ple, and Violet Vibes.
  • Once those were dry, I used the same dotting tool and OPI Who Are You Calling Bossy?!? to do overlapping black cheetah spots.
  • I topped the mani with KBShimmer Clearly On Top. 

What do you think? This took forever for a full mani because I had to keep switching colors but I really love how it turned out, despite the couple of streaks due to rushing while applying the top coat. I'm having too much fun playing with this new China Glaze Electric Nights Collection. Have you seen them in your stores yet? Thanks so much for reading!


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Amazing turn out and you have a lovely shape to your nails..love your cuticles, mine are in terrible shape at the mo. :-/ If you have any tips how to soften them I would be most grateful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! But now I want to see the sunglasses :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing! the final effect totally worth the patience and dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete