Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Milani Negative Space Striped Nail Art

Good morning, readers! I know I probably say this all the time, but I get nail art inspiration from a lot of everyday things. TV shows, patterns on purses/clothes, books, etc. Last week, I got a new cup and it had simple stripes on it in a cute color combination. I loved it so much, so I had to go change my mani to match the pattern on the cup that afternoon. It was simple messy stripes in a negative space mani but it was fun and I enjoyed wearing it! Let's take a look.

 I'll show you the cup below (with a matching nail shot), but first let me tell you how I did it:

  • I started out with a coat of Duri Rejuvacote.
  • Then, I found 2 colors that matched my cup: Milani Violet Dash and Milani Peacock.
  • I used the bottle brush to do a thick stripe of Milani Violet Dash over my free edge (white tips) because I'm not a fan of negative space on myself if you can see the tips through. This represented the thicker lid of the cup nicely.
  • Next, I used a striper brush and did messy stripes of both Milanis over the negative space to match the cup pattern.
  • I topped them with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.


Here are some pictures of my new cup, plus my matching nails. Note: the different lighting changed the colors a bit.




What do you think? Do you have a special cup you drink water in all day? This has helped my headaches tremendously because I never drank enough water until now. YAY! Thanks so much for reading!

Pin It!

2 comments: