Saturday, March 28, 2015

Swatch Saturday: China Glaze Electric Nights Collection!

Purchased

Good morning, readers! I have the China Glaze Electric Nights Collection to share with you for Swatch Saturday this week! I don't typically purchase entire collections, but I couldn't resist these brights and they make for fun spring and summer nail art! This collection consists of 12 polishes: 3 matte glitter toppers and 9 squishy bright/neon crellies. I say that because some are definitely neon and glowing under my blue aquarium lights (not black lights, which may make them all glow as the press release on the collection says) and others are just bright colors without the glow. Let's take a look.

The formula on this collection is different than I expected. They aren't the chalky, matte-finish neons we've seen in the past. They are squishy and can be layered over a white base if you want a brighter pop. I've used a white base on a few so look at my individual descriptions for that information. Because they are squishy, I recommend a slightly bigger bead of polish on the brush for application than you would typically use. They do not dry matte, I've used top coat only over the glitters in the swatches below.

China Glaze Glow with the Flow
Ultra bright baby pink creme.
I'm showing three coats below without top coat.
There was slight patchiness at 2 coats, so I added a third. Over a white base, you can probably get away with 2 coats. This doesn't glow under our tank lights, but it is bright and fun.



China Glaze Red-y to Rave
Unstoppable neon red creme.
I'm showing two coats below without top coat.
This does glow under our tank lights and I love it!



China Glaze Home Sweet House Music
Neon orange creme.
I'm showing three coats below without top coat.
Slight patchiness at 2 coats, but over white 2 would suffice.
Another intense glow under our tank lights and shockingly one of my favorites from the collection. I'm not typically drawn to orange but this color rocks.



China Glaze Daisy Know My Name?
Hi-light yellow creme.
I'm showing 1 generous coat over a white base below without top coat.
I tried this with three coats alone at first but it still was patchy, so I switched gears and did white. 
Super bright glow, as you can tell in my lightbox photos.



China Glaze Treble Maker
Glowing green creme.
I'm showing two coats over a white base below.
This probably didn't need a white base, but I wanted to see it over white anyway. 
One coat over white had patches but two was perfect. I love this tone in a neon green instead of the typical lime/yellow tone. This did glow under our tank lights.



China Glaze UV Meant to Be
Tranquil baby blue creme.
I'm showing two coats below without top coat.
This had great coverage for the squishy formula. It does not glow but it's a gorgeous color anyway.



China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind
Vivid blue creme.
I'm showing two coats below without top coat.
This is another awesome blue in the collection, even though it doesn't glow under my tank lights.



China Glaze Plur-Ple
Vibrant blue-purple creme.
I'm showing three squishy coats below without top coat.
This is showing a bit bluer in my photos than it was in person.
It did not glow under our tank lights bit I love the color.



China Glaze Violet-Vibes
Ultra-violet purple creme.
I'm showing three coats below without top cat.
This was very squishy and more sheer than the other purple. You can still see slight patchiness at three coats so I would recommend over a white base and will try that next time. It is slightly less blue in person than my camera wants to show you. This is one of my favorites--it's very much an orchid color and we know that's my favorite color family. 



China Glaze Let the Beat Drop
Hot orange, pink, and purple matte multi-sized glitter.
I'm showing one coat below over Treble Maker with top coat.
 The clear base to glitter ratio is a bit too high so I let some drip off of the brush before applying. It covered well with normal brush application, I only dabbed a few glitters on bare spots. I love this color combo with the base!




China Glaze Can I Get An Untz Untz
Cool neon blue, green, and purple matte multi-sized glitter.
I'm showing one coat over Home Sweet House Music with top coat below.
Same formula as the other glitters, it spread well and I only dabbed a few bare spots.




China Glaze Point Me to the Party
Neon green, orange, pink, blue, and purple matte multi-sized glitter.
I'm showing one coat over Red-y to Rave below with top coat.
Same formula, minimal glitter placement. 



What do you think of this new China Glaze Electric Nights Collection? I really am very happy with it and can't wait to use them for more nail art. The glitters are really fun and would look great over anything! Neutral bases or nail art would also benefit from the glitters toppers as well. Which are your favorites?

These should be in Ulta, Sally Beauty, and other fine beauty supply shops in April (although some have already been spotted at Sallys!) for $7.50 each.

Thanks so much for reading! 




Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. beautiful nail polishes!
    http://judymuhely.blogspot.hu/2015/03/11-ever-glaze-beach-beige-es-tomato.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so excited for this set - i have ordered the "baby beats" minis & all 3 glitters in full size. tracking says they should arrive monday! as always, your swatches are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous swatches, I added several to my wish list! Red-y to Rave is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice collection and amazing swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great swatches - I love how you paired the glitters with colors other than white! Can't wait to get my hands on this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this bright, summery collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't pick a favourite, I want the whole collection!

    I love the pairing of Can I Get An Untz Untz and Home Sweet House Music, it reminds me of queso (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review of this collection! Thanks for including which colors actually glow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great swatches! I love all of them but especially like Home Sweet House Music, Red-y to Rave, and Violet-Vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great swatches! All of mine do glow under black light. I just a bulb hooked up to a floor lamp and they all just light right up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the three glitters, UV Meant To Be, Plurple and Violet Vibes! So excited for this collection!

    ReplyDelete