Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Nature, Day 3: Mermaid Tail Nail Art

Good morning, readers! Are you ready for Day 3 of Nature Week with The Digit-al Dozen? I wore this mani all weekend and loved it so much! It's been a little over a year since I first tried free handed Mermaid Scales and I even did a simple tutorial for it! For this mani, I went a different route and added more color to the fin before adding the scale pattern on top. Mermaids may not be real, but I'm fitting them in with nature week anyway!
  • I started out with 2 easy coats of Elevation Polish The Med 2. This is the bottle I'm holding in the photos, and it is gorgeous enough to be the sole base color to this mani. However, I wanted to add a little fun so I let that dry before moving on.
  • I tore up a makeup sponge and dabbed randomly with Elevation Polish Bromeliad, Elevation Polish Prusik or Loop It, Elevation Polish El Cap II, and Pahlish Sarey's Berry. 
  • Pure Ice Silver Star and a thin nail art brush were used to paint the mermaid scales. Check out my tutorial on that linked above, it's really pretty simple to do.
  • I sealed it all in with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.



And here is a bonus macro, so we can enjoy the different finishes from sponging the polishes on the base. So happy with how these turned out!

What do you think? Thanks so much for reading, check out what the rest of the Digit-al Dozen ladies did for Day 3 below:



Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I love this look! I could never have the patience to freehand mermaid scales like you do so I bow down to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean mermaids aren't real?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I can't seem to nail the mermaid look no matter how I try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the base! (You know there's a stamp for this...just think of all the time you would have saved lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! The colors, the pattern, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to steal these and wear them next week! So good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mermaids aren't real? What?! These are beautiful! That base is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so in love with this. I tried this before using your tutorial and I couldn't even get half way. I will just drool over yours instead.

    ReplyDelete