Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 2: Rainbow Fish Nails!

Good morning! I am excited for Day 2 of this Challenge. It is Favorite Children's Book Nail Art. Since I recently did The Very Hungry Caterpillar nails, I had to go through Hailey's books to find another that would make cute nails. The Rainbow Fish won, especially after some googling came up with this post from Spektor's Nails.

Get ready for a zillion pictures lol:



It's incredibly hard to get a picture of everynail!

Please click on these to see them bigger:




I used: my biggest dotting tool and these colors to make overlapping dots into "scales" :
 Zoya Phoebe
 Zoya Savita
 China Glaze Traffic Jam
 Essence Chuck
 Sally Hansen Going Green
 Nubar Star Sparkle

For my thumb, I used OPI Alpine Snow and Wet n Wild Ink Well for the eye. The lips are Orly Lemonade

What do you think? The most time consuming part of this mani was the cleanup since the dots overlapped onto my finger skin. Zoya Phoebe even stained some of my fingers. But overall, I am in love with this mani! 

Don't forget this the challenge I'm participating in. Please join in! Thanks for reading!


Also, a side note, I added some polishes to my Blogsale tab! Please check them out!!


Pin It!

42 comments:

  1. WOW, that is seriously awesome. Your scales came out absolutely perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I always loved the rainbow fish as a kid what a great way to bring it to life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! I remember reading this book and i even had a card game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Jacki!!!!! You never cease to amaze me. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me make such a happy face! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. !!! So freaking amazing, my favorite so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving our 14 day challenge!!!!!! this is so much fun! i love the rainbow fish nails you did AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is sheer fabulousness overload! love it xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Between you and Mel @ Daily Nail, I have just never been SO covetous of anyone's mad polish skillz. Impressive as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttteee

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is perfect! They look just like him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I'm doing the Girly-girl challenge right now, but I'm tempted to do this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I like your version much more than mine :) Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is adorable. i loved the book as a kid! these are a perfect representation

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo cute! I love this book and think I'm going to have to try this design myself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, this is so amazing. I wish I had that kind of creativity. I am great at seeing other stuff and copying it or tweaking it slightly but have yet to make something really amazing on my own. I guess I just need the right inspiration. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This Is Absolutely AMAZING!!! Great Job... You Are So Creative, I Always Love Looking At Your Nail Art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh.my.god. LOVE THSI! my daughter loves this book, also. I'm definitely going to try to try this challenge. you did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I adore the design :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely awesome! I love that you saw that picture and thought "I'm going to do that on my nails." Very very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loooooved Rainbow Fish too! This mani is a perfect representation, Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is like the most adorable nail polish design I have EVER seen! I would love to try this....... not sure it will work out to well ! You are amazing for doing this! I am in love with it ! great job !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This post is so full of win - I simply adore this book and your nails are PERFECT! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. How freakin' PERFECT! Your creativity is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, its look amazing this Rainbow Fish Design love it- you did the rockin jobs absolutely !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Selena Gomez Diet helped me to lose 14 pounds in 7 weeks. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Omygosh, I read this book growing up! :) Great mani.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm new to your site and I am going to have to try this sometime. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like something my son would like :) Hello, mummy there :) I have to look more into your blog.

    ReplyDelete