Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Fandom, Day 1: Divergent!

Good morning, readers! It's Fandom Week with The Digit-al Dozen and I'm so excited!! Yesterday was Day 1, but we took the boat out for a family day so you will probably get Day 1 and Day 2 today from me to make up for it. The first mani for the week is inspired by one of my favorite book and movie series: Divergent by Veronica Roth. In the futuristic, dystopian Chicago set story, the people are divided into 5  factions based on their personalities. I've recreated the symbols for each faction on my nails for this mani!



  •  Thumb: Amity (the peaceful)-I started out with two coats of OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana. I then used a small piece of sponge and dabbed a circle with OPI Coca-Cola Red. The colors that Amity wear for clothing are red and yellow. The tree symbol was painted with black acrylic paint and a small detail brush.
  • Index: Dauntless (the brave)- Dauntless wear black so I painted two coats of Sinful Colors Black on Black for the base. I used grey acrylic paint and black acrylic paint for their flame symbol.
  • Middle: Candor (the honest)- Candor wear only black and white. I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. The scale symbol was painted on with black acrylic paint.
  • Ring: Abnegation (the selfless)- Abnegation wear gray so my base is two coats of Sinful Colors Cool Gray. The hand details were done with black acrylic paint.
  • Pinky: Erudite (the intelligent)- The main clothing color for Erudite is blue. My base is two coats of OPI Ogre-the-Top Blue. I used black acrylic paint for the eye symbol.
  • Every nail was topped with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.


What do you think of this mani? Are you familiar with the Divergent series? Did you recognize the symbols before I explained them? Thanks so much for reading! Come back later to see Day 2 of Fandom Week with The Digit-al Dozen!

Check out what the other ladies chose for their day one below!

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the Amity symbol. You're amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are amazing! Having Four's face on them would have made them epic! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! I love how graphic you made each symbol - looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic mani; unfortunately never read the book or seen the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing detail on this design! That ring finger and thumb..WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whole thing, but your tree and hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks perfect! I'm in awe of your painting skill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing - especially the abnegation symbol.

    ReplyDelete