Monday, January 6, 2014

Mommy's NOTD: Gradient with OPI Mariah Carey Pure!

Good afternoon, readers! Today's post is about what I'm currently wearing on my nails! Last week, I saw that Ulta had some awesome OPI on clearance about 1/2 off, and OPI Mariah Carey Pure was one that I grabbed! I have wanted it since it came out, but couldn't afford the $30 price tag. It was marked down to $14.99 and I was able to use a $3.50 off coupon! SCORE!!

I decided to layer it over a gradient base of 2 Barry M Gelly polishes: Greenberry and Blueberry!


I will mention, however, that I was expecting Pure to be silver in color. It is an 18K White Gold and Silver top coat. However, it is more champagne instead. I initially had my accent nails painted with OPI It's Frosty Outside, a very fun silver Liquid Sand. They clashed pretty bad with Pure so I had to switch to Zoya Tomoko. I was happy I had a champagne colored texture to replace the silver with!! 

(Now to just get my hands on a white gold flake top coat that is actually silver in color).

It applied really easily and the base wasn't "oily" like the yellow gold leaf toppers I've tried! So that was a nice plus. Also, the tiny shimmer bits are really fun! This is one coat (with some extra foil flake dabbing) over the base.


What do you think? Will you be grabbing this while you can at your local Ulta? Thanks so much for reading!


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Sort of makes me want to head to Ulta and get it on sale, but at the same time, I'm with you and want something that's actually silver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best gradient design I have ever seen! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the champagne color of the flakies

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! The colors are gorgeous together and I just love the gold top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am surprised, but I like the champagne flakies. And your gradient is perfect - I'm off to practice some more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...this looks amazing! I bought the OPI top coat and was disappointed when I actually tried it on...it was kind of blazaye...BUT...I never thought of doing a gradient! Love the look...thanks for sharing...definitely going to give this look a try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! Just picked this up myself.

    ReplyDelete