Friday, August 1, 2014

Cutesy Alien and Galaxy Nail Art!

Good afternoon! TGIF! I have some fun nails to share with you that I'm wearing for the weekend. If you haven't noticed by now, I tend to gravitate a lot toward cutesy animal/creature nail art (I am Mommy to a 6 and 2 year old after all). For this look, I created a girly galaxy with my favorite colors and a cute little alien accent nail! This is such a "Jacki mani" that I am pumped to be wearing them!

My regular camera couldn't get the colors right, so please accept my camera phone shots for this post. I used a ton of polishes for this look, you may have seen a sneak peek on my instagram this morning! No one guessed galaxy nails, must have been the non-conventional colors. 

Here's how I did it:
  • I painted all of my nails with 2 coats of China Glaze That's Shore Bright.
  • For my Alien accent nail, I then added one coat of Pahlish Sarey's Berry. The alien was first painted with Barry M Greenberry, and then topped with Indigo Bananas Immortal Game. The eyes are layered with dotting tools and OPI Angel With A Leadfoot, OPI Girls Love Diamonds, OPI My Signature Is "DC," and finally OPI Black Onyx. The mouth is Elevation Polish Pic Du Gar. 
  • Then for my other nails, I followed my own Galaxy Nails Tutorial and randomly applied the following polishes with tiny bits of a torn makeup sponge: Elevation Polish Pic Du Gar, Illamasqua Seance, Barry M Greenberry, Indigo Bananas Immortal Game, Pahlish Sarey's Berry, OPI Girls Love Diamonds, and OPI My Signature Is "DC." 
  • I added some dots and starbursts with OPI Angel With A Leadfoot.
  • Lastly, I applied NYC Grand Central Station top coat on all nails to add shine and seal them.



What do you think? The alien is just too cute, I think it will be our next Tutorial Tuesday post! I am completely in love with flakie and glass fleck polishes lately, they make awesome galaxy manicures and I love how pretty the alien looks with the added sparkle! Thanks so much for reading!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! The colours you used look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! jacki this is exceptional! The details, the colours, the sponging, everything! Super cute !

    ReplyDelete