Monday, August 11, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Summer, Day 1: Stormy Afternoons.

Good afternoon, readers! It's time for another nail art week with The Digit-al Dozen! This month's prompt is "summer" and I'm still trying to figure out what I'll be posting on this week. Here in Central Florida, most of the year is "summery" so I am really trying to see what sets Summer apart from the rest of the year for me. Today's post is what you can almost guarantee on a daily basis here during the summer: stormy afternoons. It may be bright and scorching hot all morning and then early afternoon rolls in along with dark clouds and lots of lightning.

This just in: lightning is hard to paint. These still don't really look very lightning-like to me, but it was the best interpretation I could do this morning. The base is OPI Road House Blues.



What do you think? Do you have more storms in the summer where you live? Thanks so much for reading, come back tomorrow for Day 2 of Summer Week with The Digit-al Dozen!




Pin It!

22 comments:

  1. These look EXACTLY like lightning!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They couldn't look more like lightening if they tried ;) These are fantastic! I wish we had more afternoon storms like this! I love love love the rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember if I knew you were from Central FL as well or not. Either way, sweet! These nails are accurate lol. Tampa (where I live) ain't called the lightening capitol for nothin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome! You did a really great job! I kind of wish we had more thunderstorms here in Central NY, it's either really dry heat or humid, rainy. I like rain but not when it's hot out haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sweet!! Here in NE Ohio, we've had a weird "cool" summer with lots of rain, but not a lot of storms...last night we had a good ol' thunderstorm and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! As a fellow Floridian (grew up in St. Cloud, now living in Gainesville) these are perfect for summer! And I think you did a great job on the lightning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about painting lightening but you've definitely pulled it off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scary yet adorable! I love these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wish we had storms EVERY day - it's weird too to see you do something so dark, but I like it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't get nearly enough summer storms here in England - love these nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the afternoon rainstorms all too much here in SC! This is a great mani, the fact that it's matte makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving these! Currently having a storm right now as I type this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favourite things to do in the summer is sit under the porch and storm watch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely. Nothing better than a summer thunderstorm! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha, I love that someone else equates summer with afternoon storms! Very nicely done! I'm from Central Florida too (near Daytona Beach), and I also recently did stormy nails for the OMD2 'outdoors' theme because of all the rain we've been getting. It's been pretty ridiculous lately, hasn't it? But today has been sunny at least!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is so great - it's really soft and pretty, with those bright streaks of lighting cutting through the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This came out great! I love summer storms!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous and what a great color!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your lightning looks really good! Great manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these! Summer is so stormy here in Miami, too! We have a very predictable 3pm rain shower every day :p

    ReplyDelete