Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Peekaboo Swirls with Elevation Polish!

Good morning, readers! I have a NOTD (nail of the day) post for you today. Many times I will post on a nail look I've worn previously, but this is the mani I've been wearing since yesterday and plan to keep wearing a bit longer! I love opening my Elevation Polish drawer and grabbing a handful of polishes to wear together. That's how this mani started: I grabbed Elevation Polishes El Cap II, Atop A Ferris Wheel, and Puncak Jaya and later decided on the nail art.

One of my favorite nail artists to follow on Instagram is More Nail Polish. She often does these "peekaboo" types of manis and I've been wanting to do one for a while. After the great response I received for my OPI Nordic Swirls last week, I thought I could do a more subdued version with these softer Elevations for the "peekaboo" part.

  Aren't these bottles just so pretty next to one another?!
 Elevation Polish Atop A Ferris Wheel(A Box, Indied exlusive), Puncak Jaya, El Cap II.

Here's how I did it:
  • My thumbs and pinkies got 2 easy coats of Elevation Polish El Cap II.
  • My index, middle, and ring fingers got 2 coats of Elevation Polish Atop A Ferris Wheel.
  • For the index and ring fingers, I used a nail art brush and painted the thick stripes on either side of Elevation Polish El Cap II.
  • Next, I used Elevation Polish Puncak Jaya and the thin nail art brush to do one stripe between Atop A Ferris Wheel and El Cap II.
  • El Cap II and a thin nail art brush were used to do the swirls. I wanted to make sure I left space on the nail between the swirls for the dots to fit. (a tip: for swirls, I find it most easy to use the thin nail art brush as more of a pen with the tip and not really laying down the brush like I would for a pin stripe.)
  • Lastly, I used a toothpick and Elevation Polish Puncak Jaya to add dots among the swirls over the parts of Atop A Ferris Wheel that were visible.
  • Seche Vite was used as the top coat.


What do you think? It's definitely not so "in your face" like the OPI Nordic Swirls, but I'm loving the "peekaboo" part of the pattern. 

In case you loved the polishes used, you can still buy Elevation Polish El Cap II and Puncak Jaya at the Elevation Polish Site. Restocks happen twice a month: the 7th at 9PM Central MN time (tomorrow!) and then the 22nd at 9AM Central MN time.

Thanks so much for reading! 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous mani! And you really just can't go wrong with ANY Elevation. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep i love this - why hasn't it got more comments??? it's great !!

    ReplyDelete