Monday, August 4, 2014

Hippo Tang Nail Art!

Good afternoon, readers! It's Monday, boo. I'm always exhausted from the weekend when Monday rolls around, so I wanted to do some cute nail art to perk me up. We recently finished installing our latest home project: a new custom-built rimless saltwater aquarium. We knocked down a wall between our kitchen and living room, built out the wall on the bottom half for the stand, and now have the tank and an open view into the other room.(I posted a picture on Instagram today of the tank if you are nosey and want to see!) Our most recent addition to the new tank is a Hippo Tang, so I decided to do nail art inspired by his markings.


I decided to do his yellow fin as a half moon chevron to translate it better to nail art.



  • I used some Sticky Nails chevron guides to block off the half moon chevrons. Then, I painted Barry M Gelly Blue Grape from the guides to the tips. 
  • I removed them carefully and then used a nail art brush and Milani Yellow Whiz to fill in the half moon of bare nail that was left from the sticker guide.
  • Then, I used Sinful Colors Black On Black and my nail art brush to do the black markings.
  • I sealed them in with a coat of Seche Vite.
  • Lastly, I decided to mattify with Butter London Matte Finish.


What do you think? Kind of funky, but I love finding nail art inspiration everywhere! Thanks so much for reading!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I love this so much!! And I love that you made it matte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! blue and yellow is one of my fave combos too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great idea and the colour combo looks absolutely stunning:D
    I'm just your new follower:D Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is SO creative and you really made it translate well to nail art

    ReplyDelete