Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Geometric, Day 2: Broken Chevron Nail Art

Good evening, readers! It's a bit late for me to post around here, but today is Hailey's 7th birthday and it was a day of fun and family time. Today's Geometric Week mani is dedicated to Hailey as well because it was inspired by her new bed sheets. I'm calling this design "broken chevron" and I was so in love with the color combo as soon as we bought them. Check out my Instagram for a bonus shot holding a pillow case.

  • I started out with two coats of Rica Whiteout for the base and let dry.
  • I then used a nail art detail brush to paint each chevron and broken chevron line using the following colors: OPI Fly, OPI Girls Love Ponies, OPI Life Gave Me Lemons, Elevation Polish Pic du Gar, and OPI Kiss Me I'm Brazilian. 
  • Rica Glossy Glam was used to seal it all in.


What do you think of this look? Some of the colors could have used another coat for full coverage but it gives it more of a sketched design and I'm okay with that. I did get some smearing through the pinks with the top coat so I'll have to take extra care during application to prevent that in the future. Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for the next day of Geometric Week with The Digit-al Dozen. Don't forget to check out what the other ladies have done today below.




Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. These colours are beautiful together! "Broken chevron" is a great name for the design, and I totally agree with liking the "sketched" look that you got in some of your lines. It gives the design a nice depth that really compliments those awesome colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one amazing mani! I need those bed sheets for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It matches the sheets so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely color combination! This looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see this and go, nope; too much work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pattern and the colors are wonderful! :)
    http://judymuhely.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! It would be perfect for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I for sure thought this was stamped...just awesome work! I can't wait to try this pattern myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this pattern, great translation. The colours too. I'm always taking pictures of stuff in stores for inspiration. lol

    ReplyDelete