Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Elevation Polish Dotticure!

Hey there! I broke a nail yesterday while rearranging some furniture so it was time for a big chop on all of my nails. So short, I couldn't even round them as much as usual, so I guess for now I'm sporting some "squoval" nails. After seeing this guest post on One Nail To Rule Them All from Lucy's Stash, I decided that dotticure style would look awesome on my new shorties! I recreated it with three Elevation Polishes: Atop A Ferris Wheel, Mount Agepsta, and Pic Du Gar.

 I followed Lucy's instructions in the post linked above. The base is two coats of Elevation Polish Atop A Ferris Wheel, the A Box Indied July exclusive. Then, I used two sizes of dotting tools and Elevation Polishes Pic du Gar and Mount Agepsta for the circle dot patterns. I started out with one big dot of each color at opposite sides of the nail. Then, layer by layer, I made small dotted circles in opposite colors until the nail was covered. Seche Vite was used as the top coat.


I hardly ever do dotticures but maybe I should start because I love how these turned out! I especially love that they look great on short nails without drawing too much attention to how short they are! What do you think?

Elevation Polishes can be purchased at the site below. Unfortunately, only the dark purple in this manicure, Pic du Gar, is still available for purchase. The other two were special exclusives. Thanks so much for reading!

Elevation Polish Links:
Instagram: @elevationpolish 

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. ooooomg!!! I adore this!!! Two of my very favourite colours, one of my favourite brands, one of my favourite bloggers, and one of my favourite nail art styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This manicure looks very interesting! I absolutely like it!)

    will be happy if you'll find a minute to see my blog!

    http://svlnblog.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like the squoval nails on you and the mani is awesome! I'll definitely be trying this one out. Thanks Jacki! :)

    ReplyDelete