Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Countries and Cultures, Day 4: Mordor, Middle Earth.

One does not simply paint Mordor on her nails. Just kidding! That's exactly what I did for Day 4 of Countries & Cultures Week with The Digit-al Dozen! I'm sure you can see the growing trend this week of how I would rather paint fictional "countries/lands" than real ones, and Middle Earth deserves more than just the Day 1 slot! I've recreated Barad-dûr (with The Eye of Sauron) and Mount Doom, complete with glowing orange for The Eye and the lava flow.
Here is a movie shot if you are part of the 2% of the population that has never watched the LOTR:

I started out with two coats of OPI Nein! Nein! Nein! Okay Fine!. Then, I used a sponge and did a rough gradient of Sinful Colors Smokin' from the tip 2/3 of the way to the cuticle. Next, I did the same thing with Sinful Colors Cool Gray only on 1/3 from the tip to the cuticle. The Dark Tower and Mount Doom were done with Sinful Colors Black on Black, and the eye and lava were unnamed Dare Colors neons.


And now, for the glowing pictures under the blue toned fish tank lights! I wish I was able to color correct the blueness and still keep the neon oranges, but I am not good at photo editing at all! Using a neon orange made this look really fun!


What do you think? Are you a fan of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit? Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for the final day of Countries & Cultures Week with The Digit-al Dozen!




Pin It!

25 comments:

  1. awesome!!! my geeky heart is jumping in glee! this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I feel like there were more than enough different lands in Middle Earth to do the entire week, and MORE!

      Delete
  2. yours have been BY FAR the best and most creative on this challenge. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your lava glows in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! love lotr, and love your nail art <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I freaking love your imagination. Anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy I am not the only who considers Mordor worthy of being real! This is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, can I spend some time in your brain so I can borrow some of the genius that you come up with?? So good! And I think I need that base OPI...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! It's a scary place in there! ;) And its a really awesome OPI..just sayin'

      Delete
  8. I love this so so much!! Those books are my life! You nailed this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One does not simply paint Mordor on her nails...bahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahahah! So glad someone enjoyed that!! I felt very clever ;)

      Delete
  10. Ughhh are you freaking kidding me!? These are amazing! You killed it this week!

    ReplyDelete