Friday, July 4, 2014

Patriotic Galaxy Nail Art!

Happy Fourth Of July to my US readers! For the past few days, I was struggling with some kind of red, white, and blue nail art to wear this weekend. To be honest, I just don't think the three colors look that pretty together. (Please don't throw your American flags at me!) I'm just not a fan of the combination for nail art so I tried and failed to create a look I was happy with until this one. Now, I'm glad I gave it one more try before being a rebel and just wearing bright purple or something.

Galaxy nail art is so easy, anyone can do it. One of my favorite things about it is that you can use any color combination. I started with the classic galaxy nails way back years ago, you can even see how to recreate my look with one of my very first tutorials (no, I'm not trying to claim that I invented the galaxy nail art look, I just made a tutorial to show how to recreate mine). However, my favorite galaxy color combination to date was the teal and purple galaxy that I wore in my very first Doctor Who inspired manicure.

For this one, I grabbed some reds, blues, whites, shimmers, and a metal flake polish. So I have the "feel" of a red, white, and blue manicure for the holiday, with a more blended look. The base was Illamasqua Fern. After the two coats were dry, I tore up my makeup sponge into little pieces and randomly sponged on the following polishes: OPI Blue My Mind, OPI Love Athletes In Cleats, Elevation Polish Volcanic Dust, Elevation Polish Weddell Sea, OPI Girls Love Diamonds, Elevation Polish Pitaraq, and Indigo Bananas Moonlight (Clair de lune). I used a dotting tool and nail art brush to add some stars with Elevation Polish Weddell Sea. Seche Vite was used to seal it all in.

What do you think of this funky take on the galaxy mani? I'm super in love with these in person, so sparkly and they will be perfect for our holiday weekend plans! Hope you all have a great holiday and weekend!
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. so beautiful!!! i love this mani!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and creative idea! I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you did this! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it's so creative and original!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!! I love galaxy nails and I especially love seeing them with non-traditional galaxy nail colors :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look awesome! Great take on both galaxy nails and on 4th of July manicures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smart way to do 4th of July nails. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, I love this non-traditional look, but there are still stars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great - I really love the colours!

    ReplyDelete