Friday, April 20, 2012

Alter Ego Armed Forces Vet!

Hello readers! I am so excited! If you are on my Facebook page as well, you would have seen my postings about my friend, Cynthia's, new nail polish store: Alter Ego Nail Enamel. I was so excited when I was able to purchase and my order came today!!

I'm showing my favorite of her polishes today- Armed Forces Vet! As my husband is in the Army and is technically an "Armed Forces Vet" I couldn't resist this polish. But aside from the name, the small metallic red, iridescent white, holographic blue & holographic silver glitters were calling my name. Seems like the perfect glitter for 4th of July!!


I hadn't gotten to try out my Zoya Reva from a haul a bit ago so it seemed like the perfect red base for this mani! 


A sunny picture. Look at the holo blue and silver showing on the pinky!

A shady picture so you can see the different colored glitters a bit better.

Close up

I used:
Base coat of Orly Nail Defense
2 coats of Zoya Reva
1 coat of Alter Ego Armed Forces Vet on my accent nail
Makeup sponge and Armed Forces Vet to do the gradient glitter tips
2 coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast

Would you believe that is only one of Armed Forces Vet coat over Reva on the accent nail? This is nice and densely packed glitter! The base is a bit on the thicker side but it wasn't hard to work with and it just made getting lots of glitter on easier. I am loving this mani!

Please visit Cynthia's online polish store to see what others she has available! You won't be dissapointed! You can find her shop here: http://alterego.storenvy.com/collections/69167-all-products

What do you think? What are you favorites in her shop? Thanks for reading!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love these polishes together. And your gradient is flawless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful :) i really like it :)

    http://jessicamundodosvernizes.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this.. I just ordered it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the glitter a lot. Second one up is beach comber, that's a really nice blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, gonna go check out her store ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I already purchased this one and gold panner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so VERY much for your honest review, it means so much to me! You did a excellent mani with Armed Forces Vet, Zoya Reva was the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a timely post, I had been eyeing this off for a week or so and just purchased last night. Looked more pink than red in the shop but I'm sure I'll still love it, your swatches are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a beautiful glitter, i love how you wore it

    ReplyDelete