Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Red, Gold And Green. Day 2: Abstract Christmas Tree!

Good morning, readers! It's Day 2 of Red, Gold, and Green Week with The Digit-al Dozen! Today's design is another Christmas themed one, and I think it's my second favorite of the week. (At this rate, I'll put them in order of favorites to least favorites, so no one needs to come check out my least favorite on Friday, right? ha).



This abstract Christmas tree shape was inspired by countless similar trees I found on Google image search when I put in "Christmas Wallpapers" for desktop backgrounds. It was actually easier than I thought to paint on with a striper brush!

  • First, I did 2 coats on every nail of OPI All I Want For Christmas (Is OPI), a perfect holiday red creme.
  • On every nail besides the tree accent, I put a dab of OPI All Sparkly And Gold at the cuticle and used my striper brush to drag it out toward the tips for an easy reverse gradient! No more sponges for me after trying it this way!
  • For my tree, I used the same striper brush and SinfulColors Pine Away to slowly paint the back and forth wiggly tree design. 
  • For the gold star and ornament glitters on the tree, I fished out some shapes from Naild'It Put A Ring On It and placed them on the tree.
  • Finally, everything got a good coat of HKGirl Top Coat!


What do you think of this look? I think it would be super fun for a holiday party! Tons of classy glam AND a fun accent nail that isn't too distracting! Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for another Red, Gold, and Green design with The Digit-al Dozen!

*All polishes used in this post were sent for previous review.

Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't go wrong with a good tree accent nail! And I agree, All I Want For Christmas (Is OPI) is the red of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Christmas tree accent nail! How adorable and simple to recreate! Might have to try it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wiggly tree is adorable! Very classy/cute mani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! one of the best Xmas ideas I've ever seen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The Christmas tree accent is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this soooo much more than those tape type of trees, this looks much more sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously this is freaking gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool mani, love the little christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These just make me so happy!! I love them and want to steal them to wear to a party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this one, and that glitter gradient is really flawless and PERFECT! How do you do it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so classy - definitely one of my favourites from this week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That wiggly tree design is amazing!! I love it so much! And glitter gradients are always a classic, beautiful choice :)

    ReplyDelete