Tuesday, December 24, 2013

On This Day, A Child Was Born

Hello, readers! Merry Christmas Eve! We have a lot of fun family time planned today and tomorrow so this won't be a long post (and there won't be one tomorrow.) For us, Christmas is fun with Santa coming to visit; but ultimately we are celebrating the birth of our Savior: Jesus Christ. I really wanted my official Christmas Eve/Christmas Day nail art to reflect that instead of more cute Christmas trees, snowmen, elves, presents, etc. It is CHRISTmas after all.

I decided to free hand a bit of the nativity scene on one hand, with just Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. On the other hand, I've done a glowing cross. I think this could be a favorite mani of mine!


  • My base is OPI Road House Blues
  • I then used a sponge and dabbed a gradient at the tips of Zoya Song
  • Then, I painted some Elevation Polish Pitaraq on the cuticle line for gorgeous stars in the night sky. 
  • I used black, white, and yellow creams to finish out the design of the stable, star, hills, and palm trees.

Here is a closer look at my left hand:


And a closer look at my right hand:


What do you think? I wish you all a blessed and Merry Christmas with your loved ones! See you back in a few days!


Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Definitely one of my favorite manis ever! Just perfect! Merry CHRISTmas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cross and Nativity scene! Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! In Austria, Santa doesn't visit us for Christmas. Your manicure reminds me of the scenery with the crib we have at home :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the details on the manger scene. Beautiful work, and I like seeing this in the midst of all the Santa-themed manis. Merry Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Thank you for sharing! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merrry Christmas. This is a beautiful mani

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome nail art, definitely one of more unique out there, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, it's so great to see a Christian nail art! I did a Nativity similar to this last year, but no Mary/Joseph. I don't think I had the talent back then to do that small. haha Yours is much much better! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete