Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 27: Inspired By Artwork

Good evening, readers!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am still trying to figure out if I'll be posting in the evenings or mornings so I'm sorry if the time of day is inconsistent for a little while.

 Today's challenge was Inspired By Artwork and I knew I'd have to do a design based on a M.C. Escher art piece because he is my husband's favorite artist and we have some books of his work on our bookshelf. I asked my husband last night to look through his books and pick out a design for me. He found Circle Limit 3 and I was excited to try it out today!



I used: Base Coat of my Julep Base Coat
Base Color of Essie Blanc
For the design: Wet n Wild Ink Well
                       OPI Conga-line Coral
                       Pure Ice Jaguar
                       Essie Coat Azure
                       Color Institute Spring Fling
                       White Acrylic Paint

What do you think? I had the most trouble with the fish eyes but I do like the end result. It was pretty cool to be able to take that second picture of my nails on the page of the art book! Thanks for reading!
Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. It could be the next Sally Hansen Salon Effects pattern ! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, you did an amazing job! I am blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh!! I love it!! This is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a great job! That's a tough artist to replicate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started following your blog and im amazed! i love every mani you do! Especially the 31 day challenge you are doing. Your blog has inspired me to do this challange as well! Keep up the great work!

    Please take a look at my blog: http://www.esmeheredia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. I love it. So precise :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!! You did an awesome job- I knew exactly what it was when I looked at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really good! You got the artist hand! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! You are so talented- just can't stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the eyes look great, and moreover the layout is amazing! You made it recognizable and yet put your own flair into the mix! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! Like you took it right off the painting

    ReplyDelete