Thursday, October 20, 2011

Do You Think I'm A Tex-y Gold Glitter Sandwich?

Hello readers! Today I am posting a mani that I've been wanting to try for weeks! I recently found the OPI Texas collection at Ulta and picked up Do You Think I'm Tex-y? because I heard it was a jelly polish(or a sorbet according to OPI). I love glitter sandwiches and have really been wanting to try another one after my first one, and I love this one even more. I think OPI needs to make more polishes like this collection! Also, I've just discovered that stamping in a jelly sandwich is amazing and I want to try this with all of my jelly polishes! It makes the stamping more subtle and adds a fun depth when you add that jelly layer over the stamp!

 In the sun

In the shade


I used:
OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
2 Coats of OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y?
1 Coat of Milani Jewel FX Gold
Stamped with China Glaze Passion and an image on Bundle Monster Plate BM-221
1 more coat of Do You Think I'm Tex-y?
Top Coat of Orly Sec n Dry

What are your thoughts? I love how the top jelly polish coat tames the bright gold glitters and the gold stamping. It looks a lot more squishy in person and I love how it turned out. Thanks for reading!
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous!! Jellies are great indeed! I wound have never thought of stamping first and then add a jelly on top...nice idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! So much depth! I really want to try this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jacki!!! It's so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this manicure and that pink is so pretty! I haven't tried stamping over a jelly polish but you can be sure I'll be giving it a go soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm normally not a jelly person but this is so cute! I love the stamp, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of the best jelly-glitter combos I'e seen so far, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that glitter! So cool!

    ReplyDelete