Monday, January 5, 2015

13 Days Of January, Day 2: Happiness! (Sprinkle Cookie Nail Art)

Good afternoon, readers! It's day 2 of our 13 Days of January Nail Art Challenge! Today's prompt is Happiness and I was struggling to find a good topic of inspiration for this mani. Tons of things make me happy but don't translate well onto nails so I went with a simpler idea: cookies. Cookies make me happy. Even for my birthday a few weeks ago, I requested cookies over a cake for my celebration. The prettiest cookies for nail art were rainbow sprinkled, so here we are!

  • I started out with three thin coats of OPI You're So Vain-illa and sponged on a bit of OPI Going My Way or Norway? as the base.
  • Once it was dry, I used a dotting tool and the following OPI cremes to drag across the base for the sprinkles: Angel With A Leadfoot, Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot!, Over & Over A-Gwen, In My Back Pocket, I Just Can't Cope-acabana, Jade Is The New Black, Can't Find My Czechbook, and Do You Have This Color In Stock-holm?
  • I topped them with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.
  • OPI Matte Top Coat was used as the final step to take away the shine and look more like cookies. 


What do you think? Do cookies make you happy, too? Thanks so much for reading! The next 13 Days of January post will be on Wednesday, so make sure to check back! Have a great day!




Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Cookies make me happy too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love your cookie nails ♥ So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! These are simply adorable!

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! That OPI base colour is perfect for this look. We might need to pick it up as it looks like a great off-white shade for nail art. Lovely! Emma & Jo.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! What's not to like about cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course cookies make me happy! Now I want to bake, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I guessed they were cookies right away before I started reading lol. And who isn't happy when they have cookies :p especially freshly baked, YUM!

    ReplyDelete