Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Fairy Tales, Day 4: Three Billy Goats Gruff!

Hello, readers! I'm running a bit behind, but here is my 4th mani for Fairy Tales Week with The Digit-al Dozen! This week may have been the most challenging ever in my history of the DD, but that's why it's a challenge! This mani is inspired by the tale of the Three Billy Goats Gruff. Three brother goats want to cross a bridge to a grassy area to eat but there is a troll under the bridge. I've represented all 4 characters and the bridge in the background for my mani!

 In the story, the goats cross the bridge one at a time. The first being the smallest and he told the troll that he had a bigger brother coming over and to not eat him since his brother would be tastier. The middle goat then crosses and tells him the same thing, and then finally the biggest goat crosses and he rams the troll into the water and the goats all happily get to eat the grass. (Or so, that's the story I've heard.)

I tried to represent the goat sizes by their horns and don't even get me started on that goofy troll. Not really sure what happened there but at least he looks creepy.


What do you think? Have you heard this fairy tale before? Thanks so much for reading! 



Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. This is so freaking adorable!! I love how you made the horns bigger on each one to represent their size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favorite tales as a child, and you've done an incredible job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The detail in this is perfect - teach me your skillsssss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are completely amazing. You have mad skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable! I absolutely love the little goats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this story! The goats are ridiculously cute! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your goats are adorable and I really like the bridge rising up behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even. How you do such wonderful manis is beyond me. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite childhood tales! Your goats are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those characters are so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you did this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waaah, those goats! So cute, although your ring finger goat actually make me laugh a little as it looks a bit 'special'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you contrasted the colours of each goat...and they are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way that you draw your animals! And that troll is very creepy!

    ReplyDelete