Wednesday, January 28, 2015

13 Days Of January, Day 11: Complement and Contrast (Dotticure)

Good afternoon, readers! The 11th prompt for the 13 Days of January challenge is Complement and Contrast. I have no love for complementary colors. There, I said it. I decided to go for more of a contrast using a neutral base and bright colors in this mani. Zoya Rowan from the new Naturel Satins Collection is a gorgeous taupe with a low-sheen finish and I knew it would work perfectly as the base in this mani!

 I used 2 coats of Rowan and let dry. Then, I used my smallest dotting tool to alternate polka dots using China Glaze Neon & On & On and China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle. I decided to skip the top coat on this one, I am really enjoying the finish of the base as well as the slight bumpiness of the dots.


What do you think? Are you a fan of pairing neutrals with neons? In case you didn't notice, I'm considering going back to a white backdrop in my light box. I had a hard time with my last swatch post (my skin looks different in nearly each photo) and I think my camera keeps the colors more balanced with a white backdrop. What are your thoughts?

Thanks so much for reading!




Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I love this colour mix. I probably wouldn't wear a neon colour as a full mani, but used like this it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That base color is perfection for this dotticure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous. It must have taken you ages to do this mani. Wonderful job, and thanks once again for sharing it so we can all be inspired to keep trying.

    ReplyDelete