Friday, January 16, 2015

13 Days Of January, Day 7: Green Base (Spray Marble Nail Art)

Good evening, readers! I have the 7th prompt in the 13 Days of January Nail Art Challenge for you. That means we are officially past the half way point in the challenge and I'm still here! Yahoo! The prompt today was Green Base so it kinda of left it open to anything! It has been a while since I've done a spray marble and I love how this one turned out!


  •  I started out with 2 generous coats of OPI You Are So Outta Lime! 
  • Once that was dry, I dabbed on a coat of Cirque Colors Au 23K Gold Leaf topper. 
  • I filled a shot glass with room temperature water and dropped a few drops of OPI Christmas Gone Plaid on the surface of the water.
  • Next, I sprayed some rubbing alcohol into the shot glass a few times until I liked the design.
  • I dunked my finger (sometimes 2 at a time) with my nail facing down into the water just like with a watermarble.
  • Once I did this on all nails, I repeated those steps with OPI Green On The Runway for a sheer, color shifting layer.
  • KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal and smooth the layers.


What do you think? I really love how abstract the designs turn out during a spray marble and I love that the gold flakes are peeking out. Thanks so much for reading! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Come back Monday for the next 13 Days of January: Artwork!



Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! I love the touch of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely! They remind me of seaweed or moss growing on rocks which is kind of strange but I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks stunning! :) Wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! It's like a gem stone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've yet to try this technique and need to because this turned our awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gold peaking through is awesome! The colors are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacki, these nails remind me of deep green turquoise, one of my favorite natural stones. You did a lovely job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, and the colours go so well together. I just wish I could get hold of some 24 ct gold top coat - I can't find any here in Australia at all. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete