Monday, January 19, 2015

13 Days Of January, Day 8: Artwork (Splatter Nail Art)

Good evening, readers! Are you ready for Day 8 of the 13 Days of January challenge? The prompt is Artwork and I tried my hand at art similar to Jackson Pollock. His turn out more like drizzles of paint on canvas, but I splattered polish on my nail using a coffee stirring straw for a similar effect. This is a color combo I picked, it isn't related to any of his paintings that I know of.
This is a messy technique so I recommend taping around the nails, using peel off glue, or something like Liquid Palisade for easier cleanup!
  • I started out with 2 easy coats of Elevation Polish Ceram Sea. 
  • Next, I added some blobs of OPI Black Onyx, OPI Alpine Snow, and Sinful Colors Cool Grey on my work surface (one at a time).
  • Then, I dipped the end of my skinny straw into a puddle of one colored polish, hovered over the nail, and blew hard on the other end to "spray" the polish onto the nail. 
  • I repeated with the other colors until I was happy with the results.
  • KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal it in and add shine.


What do you think of this look? Have you tried this technique before? Thanks so much for reading!




Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! I really need to do another splatter mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacki, I really like your color combination here. It reminds me of polished granite or some other intriguing stone. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa this looks cool! i had to do double-take and look again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really awesome. It is totally like a Jackson Pollock!

    ReplyDelete