Monday, January 12, 2015

13 Days Of January, Day 5: Reversed Polarities! (Reversed Doctor Who Nail Art)

Good evening, readers! Time for the second mani of the night, this one is for the 13 Days of January challenge! Day 5 has the hardest prompt yet: Reversed Polarities. It was discussed that it meant to swap colors on objects so the grass would be blue but the sky green, etc. I decided to go with a reversed Doctor Who mani! White TARDIS? Pastel galaxy mani with black stars? GOOD CAT instead of BAD WOLF? Yes please! Any reason for a new Doctor Who mani is a good reason in my book. Let's take a look!

 The base is a gorgeous new polish I grabbed while walking through Ulta over the weekend: China Glaze Wanderlust. I sponged on some pastel cremes and even mixed my own by adding white to some darker colors. I also added some shimmers and flakies like Elevation Polish Pitaraq, OPI Girls Love Diamonds, and Nubar 2010. I used OPI Alpine Snow and Roadhouse Blues for my reversed TARDIS, and the black stars are OPI Black Onyx.



What do you think of my reversed Doctor Who mani? Thanks so much for reading! 




Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. ooooh me likey! The colors are so pretty together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this mani! I especially like that shimmer over the gorgeous galaxy. Thank you for the wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of a pastel galaxy for reversed polarities! And Good Cat? LOL! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! Everything about it from the pink sky to the white tardis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant!! Simply brilliant :D I especially like the "Good Cat" part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the dark stars over the pastel galaxy! And 'good cat' made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TARDIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so cool! I was thinking of doing a light galaxy with black stars for this prompt as well, but I'm kind of glad I didn't now - yours are SO much better than mine would have been. Especially with the reversed tardis! Plus, "good cat" is just too funny, I love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fascinating take on "reverse polarity". Love Dr Who (who doesn't?), and this is gorgeous. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely EPIC! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete