Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Fairy Tales, Day 2: Maleficent Nail Art!

Good evening, readers! For day 2 of Fairy Tales Week with The Digit-al Dozen, I was inspired by the recent Maleficent movie. It stems from the fairy tale called Sleeping Beauty, but I loved this different point of view in the classic story. I've done a purple to green gradient covered in the wall of thorns, accented with the gorgeous horns from Maleficent's head.

 I started out with a white base and used a makeup sponge to gradient a DARE Colors neon green and OPI Do You Have This Color In Stock-holm? (which is much more purple than my camera is showing here). I used Sinful Colors Black on Black for the rest and topped with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.


What do you think? I wish my thorns were better but all in all it's a cool idea I've been wanting to try since I watched the movie. Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for more!



Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. OMG. I love this. And the colors complement each other so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Disney villain mani. You nailed it. Nailed it, hahaha, get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognized what this was right away. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been going through commenting, and couldn't wait to get to this one...I was almost giddy it looked so good. Lovely and totally redoing it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your thorns are great and I love the gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so awesome! I love your gradient background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That gradient background is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour choices; perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So awesome! I love the vibrant colors you used and Malificent's headpiece is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You captured the Malificent perfectly! The evil green glow with her purple, couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! That gradient is perfect and those horns are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this SO much - I hve to recreate this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! Totally captures the feel of the movie.

    ReplyDelete