Monday, July 9, 2012

My Sister's Harry Potter Nails!

Hello readers! I have a fun post today for you. My youngest sister, Chloe, is staying with us until Owen is born(insta-babysitter for Hailey when we go into labor!) and today we thought it would be fun to do her nails. She is a huge Harry Potter fan and was googling for Harry Potter nail art and came across this one from the Nailasaurus. We decided to try and recreate it! We didn't have the stamp for the diagonal stripes so I just had to use my striper brush to freehand them. I think they turned out pretty good, though!

Thumb has the Deathly Hallows symbol, Index has the Gryffindor colors, Middle has the Slytherin colors, Ring has the Ravenclaw colors, and Pinky has the Hufflepuff colors.  

I used:
Thumb: Milani Black Swift base color
             Milani White on the Spot for the design
Index: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Wined up
           Milani Yellow Whiz
Middle: OPI Jade Is The New Black
             Pure Ice Silver Mercedes
Ring: OPI Blue My Mind
         China Glaze Passion
Pinky: Milani Yellow Whiz
           Milani Black Swift
Top coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast

Also, I received the Influenster Mom Voxbox a couple of weeks ago and inside were the imPRESS press on fake nails so we decided to try them out. Could you tell her nails were fakes in the photo above? Check out the steps:

They were surprisingly easy to apply, cut, file, and even paint over! No nail glue required, they have sticky backs! I'm curious to see how long they last on her nails while she is visiting. My favorite part about the nails were how flexible the plastic was--nothing like those hard fake nails that you can get at the drugstore. It made for a much more realistic nail. Have you tried these?

What do you think of her nails? Thanks for reading!






Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. I love the harry potter nails, I'm a huge fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the HP nails looks awesome..i'm so copying that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and easy!! Plus, her fake nails looked totally real, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeeeeeee HP I must try this very soon!

    Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Harry Potter! What would Severus Snape nails look like I wonder...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sister i love them <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i love this! great job! those are so interesting! nothing like i thought they would be in the commercials! i had no idea they were fake nails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those HP nails are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable and no I couldn't tell her nails were fake at all! That's pretty impressive stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Jade is the new black" is the best green nail polish ever made! :D & I like the harry potter nail design :)

    ReplyDelete