Friday, September 12, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES The Terrific Twos, Day 5: Cotton Candy

Good morning, readers! It's the final day of Terrific Twos Week with The Digit-al Dozen. It's a free day to use one of the other 4 prompts again, so I'm revisiting cotton. This time, I'm combining ideas from my 6 year old daughter, Hailey, and Mr. Adventures In Acetone. I like to get my family involved in brainstorming for Digit-al Dozen weeks and Hailey said cotton candy would be great for cotton day. My husband said I should do the "spider webs" strings again thinly for cotton fibers. So here we are, using the spun sugar technique to do just that: (spun sugar) cotton candy!
First, I did a messy gradient as a base of OPI What's With The Cattitude? and OPI Mod About You. Once that was dry, I used the spun sugar technique to drape strings of drying polish over the gradient in the same colors. I haven't done a tutorial on this technique, but you can easily look on youtube for some video tutorials to see the idea.


What do you think? Did you like this week with The Digit-al Dozen? Have you entered our GIANT GIVEAWAY yet? Get those entries in! Thanks for reading!





Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks just like cotton candy girl great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this, so cute and looks just like cotton candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are so awesome! I love them! I haven't tried this technique yet, too scared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun take on cotton! Great job, I kinda suck at the sugar spun technique, lol!

    ReplyDelete