Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rainbow Fish Jelly Sandwich!

Hello readers! I just love seeing a blog post or nail picture and bookmarking it to try it out myself. That's how I started out loving nail art, I would google nail art images and try to duplicate them or come up with something similar. Over a year later, and I still do this! Sunday, Sarah at Chalkboard Nails posted her jelly sandwich mani with China Glaze Rainstorm HERE (with her inspiration being Bridget of Polish? Oh My... on Instagram), and as soon as I saw it, I tried to get my hands on it. The wonderful Jen at My Nail Polish Obsession was kind enough to send it to me and it came in the mail today! I was so excited when Owen finally took a nap and I could try my own jelly sandwich with it!

Those two ladies used white glitters but I wanted to do something different and decided on NVL Rainbow Fish. I haven't posted about it yet and it seemed like a great pairing with this periwinkle-blue jelly polish. I absolutely love how they turned out! There is an awesome shimmer as well as teeny glitters in China Glaze Rainstorm so it's not as sheer as most of the jellies I'm used to using, but I still love it!



Look at the pretty shimmer and glitters in China Glaze Rainstorm!

I used:
Base coat of Duri Rejuvacote
2 coats of China Glaze Rainstorm
1 coat of NVL Rainbow Fish
1 coat of China Glaze Rainstorm
1 coat of NYC quick dry top coat

What do you think of this pairing? I am really loving jelly sandwiches lately and can't wait to try out more. Thanks for reading!



Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Wow that turned out GREAT! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Such a pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly, this turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't express how much I love it!!!!! this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this look! your version of it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that's pretty! I absolutely love jelly sandwiches and this one is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love it! Totally reminds me of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this manicure! I'm new to this (just started my blog a few days ago: www.princessaprillovespolish.blogspot.com), but I may have to try to do something like this. :) I don't have any indie polishes yet, so I'll have to improvise!

    ReplyDelete